Transitioning To The Bioeconomy - Sustainability Consult worked with the Stora Enso Biomaterials division from August 2014 to April 2019. We provided niche bioeconomy marketing communications and media support to the company as it transitioned from a traditional pulp and paper to a biomaterials company.
Due to our many years of experience working on biomaterials and our excellent contacts in the sector, we guided Stora Enso Biomaterials to targeted bioeconomy and sustainability events, handled their specialised bioeconomy media relations and provided market and policy intelligence on developments in the bioeconomy. We represented the company at biomaterials events in Brussels and beyond. Sustainability Consult managed the @StoraEnsoBio Twitter feed.
In 2017, Sustainability Consult invited journalists from around the world to a Swedish press tour which showcased Stora Enso’s remarkable transformation from pulp and paper giant into a biomaterials company.
We successfully nominated Stora Enso Biomaterials in the Biofuels Digest Hot 50 listing and as Bio-Based Brand of the Year Award at WBM 2016. In 2018, we helped Lineo™ by Stora Enso, a renewable alternative to fossil-based materials, win three awards: Bio-Based Product of the Year at WBM 2018, Best Product Innovation at the ICIS Innovation Awards and IChemE’s Innovative Product Award 2018.
Stora Enso News:
- Stora Enso Partners with H&M Group and Inter IKEA Group to Industrialize TreeToTextile
- Wood-based Innovations Made an Appearance at Independence Day Reception in Finland
- Stora Enso’s Lignin Wins IChemE Innovative Product Award
- Stora Enso’s Lignin Wins ‘Best Product Innovation’ at the ICIS Innovation Awards
- Stora Enso Wins Bio-Based Product of the Year for LineoTM by Stora Enso
- Stora Enso Launches Bio-based Lignin as Renewable Replacement for Oil-based Phenolic Materials
- Stora Enso Inaugurates New Innovation Centre For Biomaterials In Stockholm
- Stora Enso Biomaterials Division US Headquarters Move To Raceland, Louisiana
- Biofuels Digest 8-Slide Guide to Stora Enso